Award Winning Titles
Books should be an original work written by an author living in the United States.
Books should be of literary value which may enrich children’s personal lives.
Books should be published two years prior to nomination on a Master List of 12 nominees.
The Truman Readers Award encourages students in their early teen years to express their unique voice through exploring new literary genres, communicating with their peers about young adult literature, and honoring authors writing for young teens.
Requirements for Nominees:
- Books should interest students in grades 6-8.
- Books should be written by an author living in the United States.
- Books should be of literary value and enrich children’s lives.
- Books should be published 2 years prior to the nomination (2017 for current nominees).
For a complete listing of current Truman Award nominees, click here
2. To recognize and honor outstanding works in young adult literature.
3. To develop a cooperative relationship among schools, libraries and teens.
For a complete listing of current Gateway Award nominees click here
About the Show Me Readers Award
The purpose of the Show Me Readers Award is to promote literature, literacy, and reading in Missouri elementary schools for grades one through three and to promote recognition of authors and illustrators of books that are favorites of Missouri children in these grades.
Criteria for Show Me nominees is as follows:
- Books should be published two years prior to nomination on a Master List of nominees
- Published in the US, with the author and illustrator living in the United States
- Picture book, easy to read aloud with strong literary value
- Interest and appeal to children 6 to 10 years old in grades one to three